Are you worried about the cleaning chemicals used in your home in Reno, NV? If you’re worried about a cleaning service bringing in toxic chemicals, be sure to find an eco friendly cleaning service.
What Do Toxic Cleaning Chemicals Do to the Body
According to an article from children.webmd.com,
“What’s the Problem With Household Cleaners?
Household cleaners with harsh ingredients don’t only kill germs and get out tough stains. They can affect your baby’s health in a number of ways.
- Eczema: A baby’s skin is sensitive, and studies have found that irritants and allergens in household cleaners and detergents can cause skin irritation.
- Airway irritation: Powerful fumes from household cleaners can irritate your baby’s airways, making allergy or asthma symptoms worse. Some cleaning chemicals in schools have been linked with higher rates of asthma, says Lunder.
- Eye irritation: Household cleaner fumes can also irritate your baby’s eyes, causing redness and watering. If splashed directly into the eyes, some cleaners can cause serious damage.
- Allergies: Some researchers believe that having a home that’s too clean can increase the long-term risk of allergies in a child. It’s called the hygiene hypothesis. Without some exposure to germs, a child’s immune system might not develop normally. Instead, it becomes hypersensitive and begins to overreact to harmless allergens, like pollen or dander.
- Poisoning: Every year, more than a million kids under age 5 swallow poisons like household cleaners, sometimes with devastating effects.
- Unknown health effects: Some household cleaners have fragrances that contain chemicals like phthalates. While we don’t know what their health effects are for sure, some studies have found a possible connection between phthalates and disrupted hormone levels.”
Eco-Friendly Cleaning Service
If you’re going to hire professionals to clean your home, it’s best to hire an eco-friendly cleaning service. Trust White Lotus to clean your home with green home cleaning products that are safe for you and and the environment. Contact us at (775) 856-2345 or fill out the form below.