Are you guilty of an overcrowded closet filled with clothes you haven’t worn in years? No matter how clean your home may be, a cluttered area such as the closet is a problem for many people. Here are tips on how to clean out your closet.
According to an article at bemorewithless.com, “How to Declutter Your Closet”
“Have fun with this step-by-step guide to cleaning out your closet. This could be the last time you ever have to do it.
- Put it on your calendar. Depending on the state of your closet, you may need 2-5 hours or more. Clear the day, hire a sitter, unplug and make it important.
- Make two playlists: One with your favorite happy, uplifting, everything is going to be ok music, and one filled with songs that calm you down. You are going to need good music.
- Bring a water bottle. This is a marathon. You will need water. (and snacks)
- Empty your closet. Yes, the whole thing. Completely empty.
- Don’t worry about sorting yet, just move everything to your bed? If you put everything on your bed, you’ll be motivated to complete the project before bedtime.
- If you have clothes in bureaus, storage containers, or other areas of your home, get those too. Dump them on the bed.
- While you are at it, add your shoes, accessories, and jewelry. All the things.
- Wash your closet. Make it really clean in there. Air it out.
- Take a break. This is a great time to take a walk. Get away from your closet, clothes, guilt, frustration, or any other emotions that are coming up. Walk and breathe. Let go.” To read the entire article click here.
At White Lotus it’s our mission to take care of keeping your house clean while you sit back and relax. For affordable, professional, and reliable house cleaning service in Reno, contact White Lotus at 775-525-8100 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.