Is your home disorganized? Too busy to organize your home because of family obligations? Want to learn how to get your home back in order? With a few simple organization tips and a cleaning service from White Lotus Exquisite Home Cleaning, your home can be back to its glory.
7 Organization Tips
According to an article at lifeorganizers.com,
“Are sheets ‘clutter’? What about the contents of kitchen cabinets and bedroom closets? Over time, our homes accumulate keepsakes and everyday items also known as junk. Learn to be discerning, ditch clutter, and organize your life.
Over time our homes, especially if they are smaller homes, have a tendency to accumulate and collect all kinds of treasures, gems and keepsakes, otherwise referred to as “junk”. Now we all know that one person’s trash is another person’s treasures, but our homes can only hold so much!!!
I have listed below several ways of going about the process of decluttering or decontamination, whichever term you prefer.
Of course, this process will not be done in one day, after all it took years (or if we are really good, months) to make it this way.
Start slow and take the time needed to follow through. You will find that decluttering is not as hard as you thought it would be.
- Cupboards – Go through all you kitchen cupboards, one at a time of course, and you will be amazed at what you find that can be thrown out. When I cleaned mine out not too long ago, I had four coffee maker decanters, which I could not even use anymore because I had a different coffee maker! I also found spices that were about 10 years old!
- Bedroom Closets – The saying goes – If you haven’t worn it in a year, get rid of it. I am not sure I agree with that statement totally, but it is a good guideline to follow. I am always amazed at the clothes I get rid of (and how many I still have) when I clean out my closets.
- Bookcases – Now, I don’t know about you, but I have a tendency to gather books. At last count, I had well over 200 and definitely had to get rid of some of them. I looked them all over and got rid of the ones that didn’t sound interesting. Also, go through knick knacks, papers, magazines, or anything else filling up those bookcases.
- Kids Room – This is something that needs to be done about twice a year in my house. My boys go through their clothes, toys, video games, etc. and out goes anything they are no longer interested in.
- Bathroom – We know how cluttered and overflowing those vanities and medicine chests can get. Go through all those goodies and if it has hardened, softened or changed color, get rid of it.
- Linen Closet – Towels, sheets, curtains, etc., are also things that need to be periodically sorted and tossed. I just recently discovered that we had almost 100 towels! Who knew?? I removed all the semi worn out ones and was left with about 30 or so. That should suffice.
- Under Your Bed – This part of the decluttering can be quite scary. Proceed with caution and always have a weapon, such as broom, vacuum cleaner or bug spray with you! Who the heck knows what you will find under there, but I can bet a lot of it can go.”
Professional Cleaners in Reno, NV
Once your home is decluttered, sit back and relax. Leave the cleaning to the Reno professional cleaners at White Lotus. Contact us at (775) 856-2345 for quality home cleaning!