If you haven’t heard, fall is the new spring cleaning. A deep cleaning is not done once a year, but also in the fall. Learn about the important areas that you should have a residential cleaning service focus on.
According to an article at organizedhome.com, “Get the Home Nice and Clean for the Winter Season”
“Autumn’s the time for “spring cleaning”. Deep clean now to take advantage of good weather, and face the coming of winter and the approaching holidays with a clean and comfortable home.
- Focus on public rooms: living room, family room, entryway, guest bath.
- Clean from top to bottom. Vacuum drapes and window treatments. Clean window sills and window wells. Vacuum baseboards and corners.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture, or have professionally cleaned if needed. Move furniture and vacuum beneath and behind it.
- Wash interior windows.
- Turn mattresses front-to-back and end-to-end to equalize wear.
- Launder or clean all bedding: mattress pads, pillows, duvets, blankets, comforters. Tuck the family into a warm and cozy winter bed.
- Schedule professional carpet cleaning early this month! Warm October afternoons speed carpet drying. Carpet cleaning firms get busy by the end of October, so schedule now for best service.
- Prepare the kitchen for holiday cooking. Clean and organized kitchen cabinets, paying particular attention to baking supplies, pans and equipment.
- Clear kitchen counters of all appliances not used within the last week. Clear counters look cleaner–and provide more room for holiday cooking.” To read the entire article click here.