Many families find it difficult to keep a home organized especially when life is so busy. Are you ready to get your home organized once and for all? Here are tips on how to get started on a home organization project.
According to an article at alreadymaid.com, “9 Home Organization Tips”
“Organizing is well worth the time and energy put into it. It is something that you will do that will need a little maintenance and attention every once in a while but the reward of having an organized home is great.
Let’s say, you lose your keys twice a week and it take you a half an hour running around your home to find them. That is an hour a week, and that ends up being 48 hours a year. You spend two days a year, just looking for your keys! If you live in your house for 15 years and continue to be unorganized in your home that could be an entire month you spent looking for your car keys. That is just wasted time that you could be spending with your family and making lasting memories.
Being proactive and organizing your home is the only way to make sure that when you need something you can find it and your beautiful new home doesn’t get overrun by clutter.
Here are 9 must have tips to an organized and clean home.
1. Designate an area for important documents and bills. Many times counter-tops and kitchen tables get overrun with the week’s mail. Keep an area out of site where these items can be kept.
2. Have an area inside a closet or somewhere near the door to have everything you need on hand right before you leave the house. This could be a shelf for your keys, or a standalone wardrobe for coats and shoes. If these items don’t have a “home” they will wind up all over your new home!
3. For the showers in your home, have shower caddies or organizing shelves.
4. To keep countertop space in your bathrooms clear buy shower caddy organizers and keep everything under the sink. This way you can easily pull it out and it has all of your lotions, hair products, and anything else you would need. You can also by a small magnetic strip to put under bathroom counters to keep little things like tweezers.
5. Labels keep the home organized. In general labels are a great way all throughout your house to stay organized. Labeling allows you the ability to quickly assess if something is what you need or want and saves you a lot of time. You can label drawers, cabinets, containers and much more in your home.
6. Use hooks to keep things off of the floor. Hooks are great for closets and entryways. This allows members of the house to hang their backpacks, coats and anything else that usually gets tossed on the back of the couch or bed.
7. Keep laundry baskets in every closet. It is even better if you can invest in presorted laundry baskets for whites and dark’s.
8. Keep extra bags for wastebaskets and trashcans INSIDE the containers. This eliminates having to store the bags separately and having to run to different rooms to get extra.
9. Keep a basket by the stairs on each floor. This way anyone heading upstairs can grab anything that needs to take to the other floor.” To read the entire article click here.
White Lotus prides itself on employee loyalty and providing exquisite cleaning services. To get your free home cleaning estimate contact White Lotus at 775-525-8100 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.