When was the last time you washed your bedding sheets? Let’s look at how often and the best way to wash bedding sheets.
According to an article at today.com, “How to Clean Your Sheets”
“How often should you wash your sheets?
- To keep dust mites and other allergens at bay, Zeitler suggests washing and changing your sheets once a week.
- Sheets need lots of room to get clean, so don’t jam too many sheets into each load.
- Never wrap sheets around the agitator — they’ll tear and wrinkle.
- Wash sheets separately to prevent other items from getting tangled or balled up in them. If you do choose to wash other items with sheets, make sure they are lightweight and similar in color.
- While cotton sheets are safe to launder on any cycle, always check the care label for washing instructions first.
- Select the cycle that fits the soil level of the sheets — normal for light soil, heavy duty for stains and heavy soil. Over-washing causes sheets to wear out faster.” To read the entire article click here.