Do you or children in your home suffer from allergies? For everyday house cleaning, here are some tips on how you can decrease the amount of dust or pet dander in your home.
House Cleaning with Allergies
According to an article at housekeepingchannel.com,
“Use a high quality low-moisture steam vapor cleaning machine (example, not an endorsement) since steam vapor deep cleans and sanitizes without chemicals, and kills dust mites, bed bugs, etc. Steam vapor also helps remove protein allergens to avoid triggering allergic reactions.
- Brush the dog (or cat) regularly outdoors so hair and dander does not shed indoors.
- Use large entrance mats to stop dust at the door.
- Use a vacuum that traps rather than blows dust.
- Use a duster that removes rather than redistributes dust (a damp cloth, microfiber cloth, Swiffer-type duster all work well).
- Use a high-efficiency filter on the central heat/ac to capture airborne allergens and run the fan constantly to maintain air cleanliness.
- Initially, wear an N95 dust mask and have the kids wear them during cleaning until dust is under better control.”
Get House Cleaning Tips from the Professionals
Cleaning can be a difficult task to do when you suffer from allergies, but that’s all the more reason why you should keep your home clean. If cleaning yourself is too much of a hassle, hire a professional house cleaning service. House cleaning companies like White Lotus in Reno, NV will use proper cleaning techniques to rid of any allergens.