While working from home has its many benefits. Are you tired of your home office being disorganized? Here are tips on how to get your home office organized once and for all.
According to an article at housecleaning-services.co.uk, “How to Organize Your Home Office”
“First of all, do your best to stay concentrated on your task. No matter if you work from home or office, you get paid and your employer has every right to demand high quality work. In other words, don’t get tempted to complete the project faster and utilize the remaining time to do the house cleaning, for example.
- Make your home office as convenient and functional as possible. Make sure you have everything you need for the working process within reach. It has been scientifically proven that when you leave your desk for five minutes, you will need approximately 20 minutes to regain your concentration after that.
- Set up your home office at a quiet place as far away from distractions as possible. If your kids get back from school at noon and spend the afternoon in the living room, make sure you will not get distracted by the noise.
- Make your home office a nice place. After all, you will spend several hours a day in that room. Consider installing proper lighting as well as shelves that where you can keep your stuff organized. Don’t sacrifice your comfort or your productivity might suffer.
- Invest in a good chair. Spending several hours per day sitting on a chair might lead to back problems, so make a trip around the stores and find the chair with the best quality- price ratio.
- Pay attention to the flooring. If you have noisy neighbors, the best thing you can do is to install a carpet that will minimize the noise. However, you will add yet another cleaning task to your list namely carpet cleaning in the improvised office. Yet you can always rely on professional carpet cleaners to ensure even better results. Beware that rolling chairs might cause scratches to the floor, especially to laminate floors. In this case, installing a carpet seems the better alternative.
- Don’t forget to give yourself a view. Put your desk at a place where you will have a better view than a blank wall. Pick a room with a big window and place your desk nearby. This way, you will get natural light for the most part of the working day and you can enjoy the nice view outside.” To read the entire article click here.