Do you know how to tackle the tough spots on your countertops, floors, and microwave disasters with surprising every day products found in your home? Let’s look at quick and easy kitchen cleaning tips.
According to an article at busycooks.about.com, “Kitchen Cleaning Tips”
- To quickly clean burned food on a pan, add some dish soap and 1/2″ of water. Bring to a boil, then let the liquid cool in the pan. The burned food will be easy to remove.
- When food spills over and burns on the oven floor, sprinkle a handful of salt on the mess. The smoke will be reduced and the spill easier to clean after the oven cools. You can add some cinnamon to the salt to help reduce odors.
- To clean your microwave oven, mix together 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice or vinegar and 2 cups of water in a 4-cup glass microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for two to three minutes. Carefully remove the bowl and wipe the microwave with paper towels. Repeat as necessary.
- To clean sluggish drains, pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain. Add 1/2 cup white vinegar and cover the drain. Let this mixture foam for a few minutes, then pour 8 cups of boiling water down the drain. to flush it. Do not use this combination after using any commercial drain opener or cleaner.
- I like to put lemon or lime pieces through the garbage disposal every few days for a clean fresh smell. To freshen the garbage disposal, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of baking soda down the drain, drop in two ice cubes and turn it on. Then run the hot water for a few minutes while the disposal is working.
- If plastic from the bread wrapper melts onto your toaster, use a little nail polish remover to get it off. Let the toaster cool before you try this.
- Clean your coffee maker every few weeks by filling the water reservoir with equal parts white vinegar and water and putting it through the brew cycle. Then use clean fresh water and repeat the brew cycle to rinse the machine. Repeat with fresh water two more times.
- If you don’t have a self-cleaning oven, scrape up any large spills, then spray cleaner inside the oven, close the door and let it sit overnight so the cleaner has time to work.” To read the entire article click here.
At White Lotus, it’s our mission to keep your house clean while you sit back and relax. For affordable, professional, and reliable Reno house cleaning service, contact White Lotus at 775-856-2345 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.