Do you know what house cleaning should be done before you have an open house? Let’s take a look at easy ways on how to prepare your home for an open house.
According to an article at hgtv.com, “Prepping Your Home for an Open House”
“1. Eliminate half of your belongings as clutter can cost a sale. Rent a storage unit or portable pod for extraneous pieces of furniture or knickknacks. Another idea is to ask a friend if you can borrow some space in his or her garage.
2. Use “home wash” (hose attachment available at home improvement stores) to clean the outside of the house.
3. Clean rain gutters as well as outside windows and screens.
4. Make sure the front door is inviting. Paint the door if needed. Also, replace any outdated outdoor lighting fixtures.
5. Buy new house numbers if the old ones are dated or faded. Be sure buyers can see the new ones from the curb.
6. Buy a new welcome mat.
7. Organize all closets and drawers. Buyers might look there.
8. Make any necessary repairs so that buyers don’t have to add that to their list of expenses.
9. Rearrange furniture to make rooms appear as large as possible.
10. Make every surface shine, from ceiling fans to baseboards. Don’t forget interior windows, mirrors and floors.” To read the entire article click here.
For top-rated quality Reno house cleaning service contact White Lotus at 775-525-8100 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.