Do you need an extra set of hands around the house? If you think that a housekeeper will better fit your family’s needs, let’s take a close look at some of the challenges of hiring a housekeeper than a professional cleaning service company.
According to an article at housekeeping.org, “Do You Need Household Help?”
“Finding the right housekeeper to fit your family’s needs can sometimes be a challenge and gets frustrating when things don’t work out. This is more likely to happen if the family doesn’t do due diligence before hiring their housekeeper, but even if they do, problems can still arise. Unfortunately, people will misrepresent themselves while going through the interview process. If you’re in the market to hire household help or a housekeeper looking for work, you should pay attention to these 10 reasons families are unhappy with their housekeepers.
1. Careless or sloppy – Families expect their housekeeper to do the job efficiently and effectively. There’s no excuse for careless or sloppy work. When they’re paying someone to professionally clean your home, they expect them to do a professional job.
2. Unreliable – Another reason for families to be unhappy is when their cleaning person is unreliable and doesn’t stick to the predetermined schedule. Housekeepers showing up late or not showing up at all won’t be gaining favor with the people who hired them.
3. Lazy – Cleaning homes is hard work. That’s why people are willing to pay someone else to do it. A lazy housekeeper who isn’t willing to do the required work is not going to last long in that line of business.
4. Not trustworthy – Trust is a huge factor for professional housekeepers. Families are often times inviting a complete stranger into their home who is usually unsupervised. The first sign that the household help is untrustworthy is a cause for alarm. Lying, cheating and stealing are all very unfavorable traits for a housekeeper.
5. Personality conflicts – Sometimes the cleaning person is doing an excellent job, but the family is still unhappy simply because of personality conflicts. This is unfortunate, but also completely avoidable. Families shouldn’t hire someone to work in their home that isn’t compatible with their lifestyle.” To read the entire article click here.
For quality Reno house cleaning services, White Lotus is your trusted cleaning company. For more information or a free estimate contact White Lotus at 775-525-8100 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.