When was the last time you cleaned the upholstery in your home? Let’s take a look at ways to keep your home sparkling clean throughout the fall season.
According to an article at hgtv.com, “House Cleaning Tips”
“1. The upholstery. Vacuum couches, chairs, love seats, rugs and mattresses; then spot clean with a rag and warm water. Depending on the fabric, curtains and slipcovers can be tossed in the washing machine.
- The walls.If you have kids or pets, this might be a no-brainer – those handprints (or pawprints!) add up. Wipe off any loose dust with a soft cloth, and then gently scrub off any dirt with an all-purpose cleaner that’s safe for your walls. (Test in an inconspicuous area first if you’re unsure.) Don’t forget the molding!
- The top of _______. That means the refrigerator, cabinets, ceiling fan blades, doorways, bookcases, light fixtures and anything else tall that you might be neglecting. Dusters with expandable arms are great for this task.
- The back of the television. When was the last time you even looked back there? Electronics are quick to collect dust, so clean behind the television as well as the front of it. This is also a good time to reorganize all those loose cords.
- The appliances. All those savory winter soups can do a number on your stove, and the season’s cold weather might have you running to your coffeemaker more often, so give your appliances a good scrub.
- Soak oven pans and rings in dishwasher detergent overnight to remove stubborn grease.
- Brewing a vinegar-water solution through your coffeemaker can improve the taste of your coffee and remove grime.
- The same idea can be used to clean the dishwasher; place a glass cup or bowl full of vinegar on the top rack and run on the highest setting.
- For microwaves, heat a bowl of water three minutes – the steam makes it easy to rid the inside of caked-on food.” To read the entire article click here.
White Lotus is your leading residential cleaning service professionals in Reno, Nevada. To get started today contact White Lotus at 775-856-2345 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.