What’s the Difference Between a Cleaning Service and a Housekeeper?
Need help around the house? Not sure whether to hire a professional house cleaning service or a housekeeper? Here are key tips to help you understand the difference between a professional cleaning service and a housekeeper.
According to an article at angieslist.com, “Hiring a Professional House Cleaner”
“A house cleaner is an individual or a team of cleaners who arrives on a scheduled day and time with all the proper cleaning supplies, products and equipment.
They are usually in the home for a specific amount of time and take their supplies with them when they leave for their next cleaning appointment. Cleaners may be independently employed or employed by a house cleaning company.
Typical duties of a house cleaner may include:
• Deep cleaning most surfaces (countertops, sinks, tubs, toilets, floors, appliances, etc.)
• Scrubbing and sanitizing kitchens from top to bottom, including the exterior of cabinets and drawers, exterior of appliances like stoves and refrigerators, countertops, sinks and drains, backsplashes, light switch plate covers, knobs and handles
• Cleaning tables and chairs
• Scrubbing and sanitizing bathrooms from top to bottom, including toilets, tubs, showers, sinks and drain openings and polishing chrome
• Dusting trim work, baseboards, doors, picture frames, light fixtures, etc.
• Vacuuming upholstery and carpet
• Vacuuming and mopping hard floors
• Interior window cleaning
If you think in terms of light-duty work with some organizing thrown in, that’s for a housekeeper. If you’re looking for a top-to-bottom cleaning of your home, that’s for a house cleaner.” To read the entire article click here.
To have your Reno home sparkling clean, leave the house cleaning to the professionals at White Lotus. To schedule your house cleaning service contact White Lotus at 775-525-8100 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.