Pets are a wonderful addition to any family. If you suffer from allergies keeping the pet dander at bay is necessary. Here are tips on how to reduce pet dander in the home.
According to an article at sunriseclean.com, “Minimizing Pet Dander in the Home”
“Some of the best ways to reduce pet dander:
- Neuter male cats and dogs to lower their allergen production.
- Vacuum with a good HEPA filter vacuum cleaner twice a week.
- Wash hands immediately after contact with pets.
- Use a steam vapor cleaner to clean your home, rugs and upholstery.
- Put filters on bedroom ventilation grids.
- Washing pets twice a week can reduce allergens by 85%. Also, use a damp microfiber cloth to rub down pets regularly.
- Wash bedding in hot water once per week.
- Clean floors and walls with electrostatic cloths which attract and hold pet hair and dander.
- HEPA air filtration, regular vacuuming and cleaning of floors and using special products on the pet to control dander are effective ways to manage pet allergies.” To read the entire article click here.