Before you know it, the holiday’s will be here. Is your kitchen ready for all the family gatherings? Let’s look at ways to get your kitchen sparkling clean for the holidays.
According to an article at popularmechanics.com, “Holiday Preparations”
- “Clean the microwave. Appliances take a beating during this holiday, but there’s still time to make a few pre-holiday adjustments. Take out the microwave’s rotating tray and scrub it or pop it into the dishwasher. Wipe down the microwave’s interior with a soft cloth and a little soapy water. Make sure its air vents are clear of dust and grease. (If the microwave is an over-the-range model and provides general kitchen ventilation, be especially thorough cleaning its vent surfaces of greasy dust.) If you don’t have spray degreaser on hand, use a soft cloth moistened with ammonia glass cleaner.
- Don’t clean the oven. The self-clean cycle is so stressful on the appliance that it could cause it to fail, right before you need it most. Give a quick cleaning around the top burner elements and leave the rest be. Save the big cleanup until leftovers are safety nestled in the fridge.
- Inspect the refrigerator. It’s liable to be opened and closed more times on this one day than it is in a couple of weeks of normal use. Check for the following problems:
* Tighten screws on any loose door handles.
* Fix loose or misaligned door gaskets. Take a nut driver or socket and wrench, loosen all hex head gasket screws, reposition the gasket using a putty knife to shove it into position and retighten. Consider installing a new gasket after the holidays.
* Clear blocked freezer vents. Reposition food in the freezer compartment to clear area around vents.
* Clear cold air vents. Reposition food in fresh food compartment to allow cold air from freezer to move more freely. Gain critically needed space by putting all drinks on ice in a cooler.
* Replace burned out lights with an appliance bulb, typically a clear 40-watt bulb sized for appliance use–a $3 item at hardware stores and home centers. If the fresh food compartment is still dark after its replacement, that usually indicates a failed door switch.” To read the entire article click here.
White Lotus is your leading residential cleaning service professionals in Reno, Nevada. To get started today, contact White Lotus at 775-856-2345 or visit WhiteLotusReno.com.