Emergency Cleaning Tips from White Lotus In Reno Nevada
So, you’re having a great party and suddenly one of your guest spills a glass of red wine all over your new carpet. What next panic! No need to panic White Lotus has emergency cleaning tips so the party can go on in Reno Nevada.
According to an article at letsgocleaning.com, “Emergency Cleaning Tips for Carpets Spills”
“If something gets spilt on to your carpet, prompt action is necessary to give you the most chance for stain removal.
Unfortunately, there can never be a guarantee of complete removal of a stain, but the correct routine will give your professional cleaner, when they have arrived, the best possible chance of success.
Some carpets are subjected to anti-static and soil resistant treatments. Even if these have been applied, it is wise to follow the appropriate stain removal listed procedures
All suggested treatments are entirely at owners risk and we cannot accept responsibility for any damage however caused. If in doubt contact your professional carpet cleaner as soon as possible
Please check that your carpet or rug is colorfast and safe to clean
- Deal with stains as soon as possible for increased chances of success.
- Take care and time.
- Do not over wet into backing materials.
- Always test any solution/detergent on an inconspicuous area of carpet prior to treating a stain.
- Use the correct detergents at recommended dilution ratios.
- Scrape up or blot up any excess prior to treatment.
- Blot, never rub or scrub.
- Do not use inappropriate detergents on carpets or upholstery e.g. washing-up liquid, wash powders, household bleach, disinfectants.
- Always work from the outside of the stain inward to avoid spreading.
- Always apply the correct cleaning fluid to the absorbent spotting material not directly onto the carpet or fabric.
- Encourage quick drying by carefully using a hairdryer on mild heat from a sensible distance from the carpet or fabric.
- Keep the fabric or carpet as dry as possible.
What You Will Require
- Clean white absorbent cloth, tissue or towel.
- Dry Cleaning Solution – Surgical Spirit.
- Detergent Solution – One teaspoon of gentle detergent for washing woollens to 0.3 litres of warm water.
- Detergent Vinegar Solution – Add one teaspoonful of white (not malt) vinegar to the Detergent Solution.
- Ammonia Solution – One teaspoonful of branded household Ammonia to one cup of warm water.
- Coffee, Tea, Alcohol, Liquid Foods & Urine
- Blot up surplus spillage.
- Use Detergent Vinegar Solution.
- A little at a time, work from the outer edge of the stain inwards.
- Refer to the Final Rinse procedure”