As the weather continues to warm up many homeowners will prepare for spring cleaning. Do you know where to start? Here are ways to prepare for spring cleaning.
According to an article at goodhousekeeping.com, “Spring Cleaning Tips”
- “Defunk Your Fabrics: Wash the mattress pad, pillow coverings, and pillows from everyone’s bed (all pillow types except foam can go into the washer, but check the labels for specific laundering instructions). Then do a second load with your bath mat, shower curtain, and even the curtain liner on the gentle cycle with color-safe bleach.
- Sanitize Your Work Station:Wipe down your computer screen with a lightly dampened microfiber cloth. Do the same with the mouse pad, then load a fun wallpaper on the screen.
- Manage Microwave Messes: Fresh lemons smell clean so try this: Cut one in half, put the pieces in a microwave-safe bowl with water to cover, and cook on High for two to three minutes. The steam will soften hardened food inside the oven while you enjoy the citrus scent. Then grate the fruit in the garbage disposal to eliminate any musty odor and greasy gunk.
- Shake It Out: Gather up throw rugs and take them outside for a good shake. Then air them on a clothesline or railing for several hours.
- Purge the Fridge:Pull the trash can over and dump lingering leftovers, spoiled food, and open bottles of condiments, like grill marinade from last summer. You could remove all the glass shelves and bins and wash them or give them a fast once-over with a wet cloth or sponge. Don’t forget fingerprints and splatters on the door front and handle. A fresh box of baking soda absorbs odors, too.” To read the entire article click here.